POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Nov 2008 15:01:22
Message: <4919e492$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>> Doesn't amber mean "stop if it's safe to do so"?
>
>    I thought it meant 'Go' if it's safe to do so?

It may of course depend on which *country* you're in. (Isn't the
Internet wonderful?)

For example, in the UK, the light sequence is

   Green
   Amber
   Red

   Red + Amber
   Green

   etc.

But in France, the sequence appears to be

   Green
   Red

   Amber
   Green

As in, the lights are green, and they just suddenly go straight to red,
with no amber stage in the middle. But when turning back, they go
through amber first. Very odd... I'd imagine the driving rules are
differnet too.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/